“He’s spectacular!”— Ebe Dancel Professes His Deep Admiration for Unique Salonga
Words by Kimberly Claire Reyes
Being known as one of the most talented Filipino pop rock musicians who have made huge waves in the music industry, Ebe Dancel is coming back after 20 years with his first solo concert to be held on February 29, 2020 at the Metrotent Convention Center.
During an exclusive interview with the OPM star, Dancel mentioned that his upcoming concert will feature the Manila String Machine because he believes that his songs merge well with the melody produced by string instruments.
When asked what had made him decide to host a concert after 20 years, the star replied by saying that the concert served as a celebration and as a form of gratitude to his fans. “The show is my way of saying thanks for the support.”
Dancel also mentioned that he was excited for this concert because it will be the largest show he’s ever done. He also hinted that there is a current plan to release a new album on the said date. “This is my biggest show kasi. It’s gonna be me so the pressure to deliver is there.”
When asked about his most memorable songs, the artist said that Bawat Daan, Dapit-Hapon, and Lakambini are his favorites because of the amount of effort and research he had put into making these songs.
As for upcoming or rising stars in the music industry, Dancel praised the 19-year-old singer, Unique Salonga, for his immense talent in singing and songwriting. “The way he sings and writes is parang naikot na niya ang buong mundo.”
He also learned a lot of lessons from being a part of the industry. “It takes a lot of patience because sometimes you feel like your career is going nowhere but in reality, it’s building up. You also need guts because it’s not easy to sing your heart out in front of so many people. But, humility and perseverance are most important because they help you keep up with yourself.”
A fleeting moment of inspiration is all it takes for this singer to start creating his music. “You have to save everything that you write, and things will eventually fall into place.”
His tips for aspiring OPM artists? “I want you guys to write more songs in Filipino. Keep playing and always remember to practice a lot!”
This artist is truly an inspiration to us all. I bet that every single one of his fans is currently shaking with excitement just thinking about what Ebe Dancel has in store for them soon!
We’re giving away tickets to Ebe Dancel’s Sugarfree anniversary tribute gig on Oct. 31, 2019, 9:30 PM at Social House!
Click this post to find out how to score one!
Contest terms and conditions:
- Entrants should be at least 18 years old or above to join.
- Entrants should own a valid ID.
- This contest is open to Greater Manila residents who are willing and are capable to claim their prize at Social House, Makati.
- This contest will run from October 30 until 1:00 pm on October 31, 2019.
- Two (2) winners will receive 2 tickets each to Ebe Dancel’s Sugarfree Anniversary Tribute Gig.
- The winners will be announced on Oct. 31, 2019 at 2:00 PM. Check back on this article then for the announcement!
- Winners will be contacted through Facebook direct message with the complete information on how to claim their prize.
- Winners will be chosen through an electronic raffle via the Facebook Contest App.
- WhenInManila.com reserve the right to forfeit contestants violating our contest terms.
- This promotion is in no way sponsored, endorsed, administered by, or associated with Facebook.
- In the event of unforeseen circumstances, we may alter, amend, or cancel the competition without prior notice. We reserve the right to change these terms at any time.
The post “He’s spectacular!”— Ebe Dancel Professes His Deep Admiration for Unique Salonga appeared first on When In Manila.